There is some misinformation out there about P5. We are now just entering the information gathering mode and no discussions or decisions took place. Please be careful!
The charge to P5 was issued by Dr. Asmeret Asefaw Berhe, Director of Office of Science, Department of Energy, and Dr. Sean L. Jones, Assistant Director, Directorate for Mathematical and Physical Sciences, National Science Foundation, to the HEPAP chair JoAnne Hewett on November 2, 2022
We will have four town hall meetings with people in the community to give short presentations on issues, visions, science, projects of interest to the field, including an open-mic session. If people want to speak privately with the panel, we will try to accommodate the request as much as we can, especially for early career scientists. They are not tied to any specific Snowmass frontiers.
In addition, we will have a set of invited talks at the meetings cenetered around some of the Snowmass frontiers, on the visions of the communities and specific set of projects. This is an important part of the information gathering mode for the panel.
We plan for additional virtual town halls to receive more input from the community. Details are still subject to change.
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Cosmic Frontier (except for High-Energy Astrophysics), open sessions on February 22 and 23, followed by a closed session for the panel in the morning on 24 (confirmed)
- Fermilab/Argonne, Neutrino, Rare Processes and Precision Frontier, High-Energy Astrophysics, Week of Mar 20
- Brookhaven, Energy, Instrumentation, Computational Frontiers, Apr 12, 13, 14 (confirmed)
- SLAC, Underground, Accelerator, Theory Frontiers, Community Engagement, May 3 to 5 (confirmed)
Virtual Town Halls
We make some of them specific to early career scientists in closed settings. Details TBD.
- week of May 15
- week of June 5
- week of June 26
There are meetings closed to the panel only.
- February 6, Kickoff with agencies, virtual
- week of May 22 (subject to a potential conflict with US-Japan meeting in Hawaii)
- week of June 13
- week of July 3 or 10
- week of July 24 or 31